So one of the main reason I joined TAW was because of the activity, discipline, and amount of people. With that I see the potential to make some really epic BF3 machinima.
So now that I am a full member in the BF3 division I want to help put together a mini series in the clan, to have fun, show creativity, and promote the clan.
Here are the ideas for the first mini series I am doing:
The title for the series will be Dark Horizon, but subject to change. It will most likely me a serous series with some moving elements in it. It will follow a four person squard through out the series. Names of characters still being decided. It will be about four episodes long consisting of 8-12 minute long episodes. with a 15minesh finale. Each Episode witll be recorded and produced over a two-three week period. I am not sure if I want to add voice acting or not. It would add a really cool element to the series, but it would be extremely hard to do plus it could make or break the series. I will be recording, directing On to the story board:
The story will be following a squad of Marine Special Operation Command soldiers through various missions.
4 man squad on a escort mission of a VIP through Sharqi Peninsula and Tehran Highway. During many ambushes, the squad is getting use to each other and working out the kinks. By the end of the episode they bond together and work as one unit.
A scouting mission gone wrong! Not really sure what map I am going to use for this. but I was thinking Noshahr Canals because I could have the squad scouting army production.They are setup and the army is told there location. So they have very little time to get out of dodge. That is all I will say to not ruin the episode.
All out war!
I would add more the the story boards but I do not want to add any spoilers. Only people who help out with the video with know the story line.
First off everyone, and anyone can be a actor/actress. You must listen to what is being said and act to your full potential. Plus have patents as some scenes will take some time to prefect like sniping jet pilots.
I will need camera men. About a few people with fraps could help shave time for multiple angles on scenes.
If I do voice acting I will need voice actors. Most likely not.
If anyone wants to help with effects, 3D elements like shells and bullets, and the score like composing and so forth that would be more then welcomed.
The US squad:
Camo layout depend on mission and environment. For first episode though. The whole squad will be running spec ops black.
Squad Leader/Assault loadout: M416 with Holo, and forgrip, stander med pack and defebs.
Sniper: M40 with with Ballistic scope and by pod, and MAV.
Support: M60 with iron sights and bypod, and C4
Engineer: 870 Shotgun with no attachments, Javelin, and repare tool
1. Are you interested and can you help with any of the above roles ^^^:
2. The title. Still not big on Dark Horizon. I was going to see what you all come up with.
3. Any scenes you want to see done in the game like jet sniping. C4 buggys and so forth.
4. Story input and ideas.
5. What times are best for you to record. I was thinking after matches on Thursdays and Sundays, and defently on Mondays at 8 PM EST
6. Any other things you would like to add are more the appreciated
Captain Lefteris is available!
Just to clarify before I start babbling about ideas and such! I've NEVER played Battlefield 3, and I can't say I intend to, but I got a few ideas nevertheless.
1. Hell yea! I'm interested, but I can't help with anything but story directing and ideas, since I don't have the game.
2. Currently, I don't have a name in mind, but if you keep in touch, I'll come up with a few ideas.
3. I have a lot of ideas! But most of them are only for the finale... For example: (If it's possible) A fighter jet gets its wing shot off, and it crashes straight into the opposition's tankdepot. More Ideas will follow, if you need them!
4. Keep in touch, and I'll help you along :P
5. I can't help on this one, but it sounds like a fair idea!
6. If it does become a longer series, it'd be freaking AWESOME.
Enough input from me, I'll check in with you later on!
I can offer my services as a jet pilot/sniper!
Maybe recording too if I can free up some hard drive space.
I'm interested, just let me know when and where
Hey this looks like an awesome idea. Let me know how I can help.
Yeah, I am interested in helping out -- down for just about whatever, just grab me if I'm on TS!
I guess I should add, I'm in the Army and can help out with technical advising, plus I have tons of free space, so I could also help out with recording
Cant wait :)
I will be having a meeting about this after the Practice tomorrow night. If you are interested. Please show up. Thanks!
Unavailable to join you by then, since I'm in Belgium with the family on vacation!
I'd appreciate, if you could... perhaps record your ordeals and send it my way? (The TS3-chatter, and such)
Much appreciated, if you do!
I wouldn't mind being an extra. Marine #6. I'm just the guy the proves the situation is serious.
Our first recording will be after the battleline match on Thursday. Be there for be square!
This sounds really interesting! I will inform the EU devision tonight during the training.
Count me in!
TAW BF3 EU dev