MechWarrior Online BETA Update
We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!
- The MechWarrior® Online™ Team
Piranha Games Inc.
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Also for those interested there is a teamspeak channel used by the mechwarrior online testers.
You can access this channel at
pwrd is hg5!4Dg#
Basically move down to looking for group channel and get assigned to dropships
Finally new open beta announced this Monday.
Monday Oct. 29th - New Mechs, New Toys, Open Beta!
Piranha Games is proud to bring you the next
instalment in the MechWarrior® franchise. It has been a long time coming
and this synopsis will help to answer some of your questions. If
you've read through Dev Blog 0,
you'll know that we are a premium Free-To-Play game based on the
bestselling BattleTech® Universe. When coming up with the core game
features for MechWarrior® Online™, we create and focused on four pillars
of design and player experience. These pillars include:
We want to make sure we bring the roots of the
MechWarrior® titles back to the surface and also incorporate the basic
rules from the BattleTech® Universe. Players will be able to customize
their BattleMechs with weapon and armor upgrades as well as customize
their cosmetic appearance in the MechLab. This means players can look
unique or fall in line with their Merc Corp colors and truly represent
themselves in combat. The next part of Mech Warfare is controls/piloting
a BattleMech. Since our key platform is the PC, it only makes sense to
really bring the simulation control system back for seasoned players,
with the option to have easy access configurations for newer players.
When dealing with controls, we really want to bring skill back into
combat rather than heavily assisted combat as seen in most modern day
first person shooters. The interface between the MechWarrior® and the
BattleMech is being revisited as well. A new 3D HUD system is being
designed for the neurohelmet pilot information display. The view point
of the game is from the pilot (MechWarrior®'s) point of view. Players
will be able to look around their cockpit and even customize the
interior to suit their tastes.
When it comes down to play style for any given
player, we want to make sure that we have as many options as possible to
cater to as many player types as possible. This is where things get
really interesting. Everything from choosing a BattleMech to how a
MechWarrior® is trained, will allow a player to truly customize their
own personal game experience. What is a player's preferred role when
playing MechWarrior®? Scout? Attacker? Defender? Commander? Whatever it
is, a player will be able to train their MechWarrior to specialize in
their style of gameplay. Players are highly encouraged to participate in
team based gameplay. The fast manoeuvrable scouts will be able to relay
information back to the commander units who in turn relay that
information to the attacker and defender units. As players advance their
MechWarrior in a role, more skills and abilities related to their role
will become available. Remember, a team who plays together will always
MechWarrior® in all of its incarnations has
always had a loyal following of players in one of the strongest on-line
communities in gaming history. Piranha-Games hopes to bring this
community together in a friendly conflict of universal control. This
may sound a little odd, but it is the fun competitiveness that will keep
the game alive and kicking for years to come. Utilizing the
BattleTech® Inner Sphere, we plan to have skirmishes amongst the Great
Houses in BattleTech® lore. Allowing the player to have an active part
in this conflict is one of our key directives in designing this game.
Players will be able to create, manage and customize their Merc Corp's
player base and appearance, while banding together to really delve into
the Inner Sphere conflict where House alignment reigns supreme. Merc
Corp leaders will bid and fight for occupation rights to some of the
most valuable planets across the Inner Sphere and challenge other Merc
Corps for control of planets reaping large rewards.
Evolving the MechWarrior® experience required a
new layer of gameplay. Instead of large open expanses and circle
strafing parties, we wanted to examine the core play experience of the
previous MechWarrior® titles and see if we could bring a more
tactical/strategic experience to MechWarrior® Online™. Relying more on
line-of-sight and incorporating information technologies, we feel that
information warfare will bring a new level of realism to the fight and
help enforce the idea of team based multiplayer even more. Another
aspect of Mech Warfare, something that we can do with new technology, is
urban combat. The battlefield is no longer open areas with mile long
sightlines. . Tactical manoeuvres will be required now more than ever
and the key to success is using InfoTech alongside great team play. The
newly implemented Battle Grid will give commanding units a bird's eye
view of the battlefield and scouts will be able to feed real time recon
information to them. The battlefield commander will be able to call in
air strikes, artillery strikes and other support unit requests.
Christmas patch and we move into phase 2/3 of open beta for MechWarrior Online
Open Beta Update #5
Upcoming Patch - Tuesday Dec. 4th @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Happy Holidays MechWarriors! Open beta update 5 is inbound!
‘Tis the season to Deck your Mech with holiday themed Items! These Items are here for a limited time and are sure to please the misses’. “Look honey I hung the Xmas lights”. For some added tactical options you can also turn your Xmas lights on and off. Oddly enough powering down your BattleMech does not affect the Xmas lights, they are powered by holiday spirit!
ECM is here and personally I can’t wait to ruin some streak cats day with this excellent piece of equipment. I am going to be honest with you ECM is a game changer so let us know how you feel about ECM on the forums because lately I think you guys have been holding back and not telling us how you really feel.
The Cataphract Hero Mech “Ilya Muromets” is in this patch with an excellent skin by our man Hayden. What can I say about this Mech? “Ilya?.. More Like Kill ya!” is how our tools programmer Kyle L put it and I have to agree.
I can’t remember but I think you guys wanted 8-player groups too right? Well those are in there too. You choose “8-Player Required” when creating a group. You will require 8-players to launch and your groups will only be matched against other 8-player groups.
Once again I want to remind you we have people 100% focused on performance and networking and we are making headway. The people making these above features are separate group of resources.
Until next patch.
ELECTRONIC COUNTER MEASURES (ECM) IS NOW IN
Only available to specific variants. Currently, it can only be equipped on the following variants:
* Commando COM-2D
* Raven RVN-3L
* Cicada CDA-3M
* Atlas AS7-D-DC
Has two different modes. Disrupt and Counter
* ‘Cloaks’ friendlies within 180 meters (reduces detection distance to 25% of normal range).
* Disrupts enemies sensors (targeting system), as well as targeting communication (sharing of targeting information) within 180 meters.
* Disables enemy NARC
* Disables broadcasting of TAG (if friendly is within sphere of influences); However, if you TAG a mech with ECM OUTSIDE of their sphere of influence, it allows you and your friendlies to target
* Slow down weapon locks by 25%
* Slow down target gathering by 25%
* Active Probes do not gain any benefits against ECM equipped enemies
* Neutralizes 1 nearby enemy’s ECM in Disruption mode.
NEW SEASONAL COCKPIT ITEMS
* Santa (Standing)
* Snowman (Standing)
* Xmas Tree (Standing)
* Xmas Elf (Standing)
* Xmas Lights (Hanging)
* Gift Boxes (Standing)
* Lump of Coal (Standing)
* Xmas Wreath (Mounted)
NEW HERO MECH:
"Ilya Muromets CTF-IM"
* Tonnage: 70 tons
* Top Speed: 64.8 kph
* Armor: 432 points
* Weapons: 2 Medium Lasers, 2 AC/5s, 1 AC/10, 1 Small Laser
* Left Arm: 1 Ballistic
* Left Torso: 1 Energy, 1 AMS
* Right Torso: 1 Energy, 1 Ballistic
* Right Arm: 1 Energy, 1 Ballistic
* Jump Jets: n/a
* 30% C-Bill bonus
* Weapon loadout will display ECM status( Disruption / Counter mode) and its effective range. This will appear on the bottom of the Weapon loadout UI.
* Added a Status bar on the Right-centre of the HUD to show if you are under the effects of friendly/enemy disruption ECM or if your ECM module is actively being countered.
* Added ECM Target information.
* Shows if friendly is under enemy/friendly ECM Disruption.
* If enemy has an ECM module, and if the module is actively being countered.
* Damage Resistance System Upgrade (only Weapon Doors for now), now more precise
* Auto-cannon projectile impacts have been reduced with the only exception being the AC/20.
* The number of jump jets effects proportionally equal to jump jets modules get replaced by damaged effects when jump jets get destroyed
* Removed the engine sounds from the Front End to prepare a new system.
* Set the health of the Gauss rifle to 3 points
* Set the chance that the destruction of a Gauss rifle will cause it to explode to 90%
* Bug fix for HUD to reduce number of draw calls required for cockpit monitors.
* Terrain fixes for Forest Colony and Forest Colony Snow.
* Audio optimization pass.
* Fixed an issue the cancel button in Mech Customization would sometimes not work.
* Report the accurate number of heat sinks in the dynamic cockpit screen.
* Fix bug where purchase for 0 MC fails if not having purchased MC before.
* Fixed it so newly bought Cockpit Items are now automatically equipped on Mechs.
* Fixed an issue where a purchase prompt would show when you equipped a cockpit item you already owned.
* Fixed a bug that was preventing the Gauss rifle from exploding properly
* If you are using 7.1 you may experience sound issues. Users should play in 5.1 or lower.
We thank you for your patience and we look forward to seeing you on the battlefield!